Welcome to the 2018-2019 Jordan District Secondary Science And STEM Fair!
The Secondary Science and STEM Fair is for all secondary (Middle School & High School ) Jordan School District students. For the elementary level completion click here. This is an exciting and fun way to make a name for yourself in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Winners from this event go on to compete at the State and National levels, and can win scholarships and important recognition.
- Win cash prizes
- Earn scholarships
- Looks impressive on a resume for college and careers
- Compete on the State and National Level
- Make real discoveries that are new to science. Be the first to discover something.
Completing a Science or STEM project is a lot of hard work. A good project can take months to see from beginning through completion. It is a way to prove that you are capable of doing hard things. You are just as capable of doing good science as any adult. You are capable of making new and real discoveries, or of inventing new solutions for industry. Set yourself apart from the rest of your peers!
Some of our winners from 2017-2018. Trish Luu, Caleb Gray, Jonny Labarron (Grand Champion), Avery Hall.
The Science And STEM Fair is a unique opportunity for your child to get a head start over their peers and set themselves apart. In a few years they will be applying for college and ultimately for careers. Having the distinction of being a science fair winner on their resume is powerful. Not to mention the savings to your pocketbook if they win a scholarship!
Teachers And Administrators:
Participation in the Science And STEM Fair is one of the most satisfying things that you will ever do. Shepherding a student from the beginning of an idea, through the creation of a well thought out project, through the collection of data, through interpretation of that data, through making new discoveries, and finally on to getting Statewide and National attention for their discoveries is something that you will never forget. It is why you went into teaching.
These kiddos are smart! They just need a bit of guidance. The Science And STEM Fair is our opportunity as educators to help our amazing students stand out, and get noticed. It is also one of our greatest opportunities to help them get into college, and even get that college paid for.
How To Participate:
- Before you can compete at the District Level, you must first enter in your local school competition. Each school will have its own rules and deadlines. Please check with your local school to get information about those dates. If your school is not sponsoring a Science And STEM Fair, then please contact Hiram Bertoch, and he will arrange for your project to be judged in another school.
- Students who win at the school level will advance to the District competition, which will take place Feburary 21, 2018, 6:00 pm at West Jordan Middle School. Winners from this competition will go on to compete at the State Science And STEM Fair in March.
When Is The District Competition:
The District competition will be on February 21, 2019, 6:00 pm at West Jordan Middle School. Individual schools will have their own dates for their local competitions. Please check with schools to find out when those dates are.
Information For Schools:
Schools running competitions, please be aware of the following:
- Individual school competitions must be completed prior to February 21, 2019 in order for your students to be eligible to participate in the District Competition.
- Your students must complete the following forms:
These forms must be completed prior to a student beginning their projects, and must be turned into the district (Hiram Bertoch) prior to the night of the competition.
- We ask that you please email Hiram Bertoch with the dates of your school competition, so that he can post them publicly and share them with others. Also, if you need any training, guidance, resources, or have any questions, please contact Hiram Bertoch, who will help you get your school competition up and running.